Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Courage is not the absence of fear,

but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
Last night, I did something that I told myself I would never do; I was propelled hundreds of feet in the air on a fair ride. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal to most, but I have a major fear, of not heights, but of falling. Lately, the world just seems so sad. There is violence, poverty, and sickness all around. I'm one of the fortunates I suppose, because I am facing none of this. When I received the news that 12 year old Tristan passed away a few days ago after months of battling cancer, I had a revelation - life is short! With applying for colleges just around the corner, I sometimes find myself stressing. That is, until I realize that I don't even know what will happen tomorrow, let alone in the upcoming months. If I am supposed to go to the University of Florida, then I will get into that school. If not, it's only because He has bigger plans for me. I've always taken life one day at a time, but I can't say I've always made the most of every opportunity I've been given. Hopefully, I can change that. I want to experience life; AKA- get out more, and try new things! Years from now, when I look back at my life, I will probably regret most what I didn't do, and not the things that I did do that may have gotten me in a little bit of trouble(:

No comments: